WELCOME > ABOUT DDMAAC
VISION: Through DDMAAC, Stage Left cultivates grassroots conduits of cultural affinity, artistic autonomy and disability justice in Canada's Deaf/ Disability/ Mad Arts domain, and promotes the collective interests of artists whose lived experience of disablement advances artistic and aesthetic non-normativity.
1. Serve as a collective agent of solidarity, influence and
equity for disability justice in the professional arts ecology.
2. Provide a centralized hub of Deaf, Disability & Mad Arts advisors/ consultants, knowledge, resources and services.
3. Advocate for increased investment in, sector resources for and consideration of disability equity in the DDMSTC* Arts domain.
4. Claim spaces of artistic autonomy and cultural authority
for artists and art works that advance disability justice and non-normativity in the broader sector.
5. Increase the use of accommodating production and presenting models in market access and artistic touring.
1. Promote Deaf Culture, Disability Justice and Mad Pride as sources of socio-political commentary and aesthetic innovation in DDMSTC* Arts.
2. Affirm Deaf/ Disabled/ Mad artists as fully qualified cultural contributors to the professional arts industry.
3. Advance disability justice (decolonization, anti-racism, anti-oppression and non-normalization) within the domain and throughout the broader arts ecology.
3. Uphold the principals of disability justice in DDMAAC's services, programs and advocacy.
4. Engage in cross-cultural solidarity with, and get behind the systemic advocacy of, other equity-seeking arts networks.
*DDMSTC Arts: D/deaf/ hard of hearing; Disabled/ person with a disability; Sick/ spoonie/ survivor; Traumatized; Colonized....